Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sampling At Its Best

So I was just driving home playing shuffle mode. One of my favorite Jay-Z tracks came on, "Takeover" produced by Kanye West, off of The Blueprint album. Listened once again to this incredible track. Later I went to do my online homework for Rock History. I remember playing "Takeover" for my dad a few years ago. Telling me the sample was by The Doors entitled "Five To One." While reading in this class, a section was ironically brought up about Jim Morrison, the lead singer of The Doors. The Doors performed during the hippie era in the late 60's and was huge in the 70's. Jim Morrison died from a heart attack in 71'. So after listening to the original,

and now going back to the Kanye produced track

I have a huge appreciation for this track and the history behind it. Kanye... One hell of a producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment