Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Grasshopper Mondays

Even though I've only had the ability to indulge in the experience for a short while, I'm not too much into bars anymore. There's usully weird people, pricey drinks and an even weirder selection of music. But there are a couple I like because it's a fun atmosphere...good music, mixed group of chill people, good drink specials, and it should go without saying but adults actually acting their age. That's a good time out to the bar for me.
Well the latest bar I've been to that has drawn me back 3 Mondays in a row is The Grasshopper in Ferndale, MI. Each time that I've been it's been very relaxed. Everyone dresses pretty nicely, but not "nightclub fresh". Dressy casual with a bit more casual (You will find this helpful if you're like me..who dressed totally wrong my first time). It's not a huge crowd, so far at least. And each time there's been great music to vibe to, which is a huge factor into if I can stand a bar or not.
On my first night there I was told there would be Hip-Hop music and Top 40s alternating Mondays. But the past 2 times I've went its been this crazy DJ, who I hope to see every week I go from now on. With enough dancing room, the DJ gets people in the mood to hustle to some classic oldies (usually how he ends the night) to those fast-paced beats that has allowed me to witness some jittin' battles.
All under black lights, a decent amount of sitting room and well-priced drinks (that actually have alcohol in them =D), I say this is the place to be on Monday nights if chilling hard to great music in your room is just not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment