Friday, June 10, 2011

Call Him What You Want

For the past year and a half now I have been listening to Claudio Mack-Solomon/5allenNickel (TreVar JaVrael Simmons) Aka. (Varistotle, Verbal Assault Rifle, VAR, etc.) Whatever name he goes by (Shit I don't even know anymore) the man has been on his fuckin grind.


About a year ago my dear friend /bones\,B1S told me to listen to a few track by VAR. After scrolling through his I-Tunes listening to "Fear Free Vol 1." and some other tracks, my thoughts were, "Hes iight." I've been known not to give new artists respect. But I was wrong.
At the time I really wanted some features on my album (Everyday Is A-Day) so I reached out to VAR trying to get a feature. I eventually gave up but continued asking and reminding. It still hasen't happened, but thats another story.


After about a year and a half now I truly feel that I know who VAR is. We have had many discussions about music, such as artists, topics, who's better than who, and so on. I eventually began finding out about VAR's personal life, and was able to connect what he was saying in his music to his personal life. This man has been through a lot, and still is. Over this past year VAR has been sending me tracks of his, almost weekly. A track he sent a while back entitled "Touch The Sky" was on constant repeat for a month. A track off of his first mixtape entitled "Stone Cold" also tells about his personal life. Situations with his baby's mother, his daughter, his mom, and his uncle ll single handedly made me respect this artist.
VAR as I still like to call him is from Detroit, Michigan. But he is not your average Detroit rapper. He covers all topics you can think of. His voice just hits the beat and he delivers a monster verse everytime. Since I am great friends with /bones\ he was able to snag a verse from VAR on "Darkside Of The Moon" off of /bones\ album "High Streets." /bones\ let me hear the track, and after listening, I was stunned. I could not believe the delivery, flow, and content on the track. VAR did his thing. VAR has promised me numerous release dates for his projects, and truthfully I could care a less. For as young as this rapper is he has made a SHIT LOAD of music. But I do believe his new project "Holy Smoke Vol. 3 (The Death Of God's Gun)" will drop in October 2011.
Check out VAR's music here I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Another track that has personally hit me and I play on constant repeat is "Need Some Sleep."

Although I have never met VAR personally i feel that the Russel Maddox/VAR day is drawing closer and closer. Support VAR music, a truly talented artist. Good things are happening in the music industry, and artist like VAR are making them happen. Keep up the good work homie.

1 comment:

  1. HIStory In The Making Thats all Imma Gonna Say Man

    Appreciate This Big Time Homie

    ReplyDelete