Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Go For It!

It's apparent that you only live one life, so why live it with regrets? There are so many things that can, or can't happen, by only one action. The point is, if an opportunity arises, you should definitely take it. People are afraid to mess up, get rejected, or simply get hurt. But you are doing all that when you don't go for what it is you truly want. When I was a little kid I was always afraid to ask my dad if I could have something, simply because I didn't want to hear, "NO". Until one day I told my mom and she told me, "The worst he can say is no, and you just won't get what you want. But, he could also say yes, and you will get what you want." That made me realize that there is no point in being afraid to hear no, we all have to hear it sometimes. But if I always stayed afraid to ask for what I wanted, think of all the times I would've missed out on when he told me yes.
You may be afraid to ask that person you've been admiring out, going to explore your dreams, or even giving up the sureness of what you know to go into a situation where you don't know anything. And whether it works out great for you or not, at least you will never go through life thinking "what could have been...".
Even if things don't turn out the way you would like them to, you shouldn't regret doing what you did, because it is then experience. Life is all about experience and the first step to experience life, is to take a chance. So take a chance with yourself and whatever you're afraid of to possibly experience something amazing. Look at it as you either getting what you want and learning through that, or not getting what you want and learning a life lesson. After all, what's the worst that could happen? Someone tells you no, or...you could be told, YES.

Live Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment