Wednesday, September 28, 2011

They Say Im Under-Rated

Back to the grind with these 25 below posts. Here goes something I have been pondering on for quite a while. I love making top 10 lists, it always stirs up a good debate over opinions. So here is my top 10 most under-rated rappers.

#10. Ab-Soul. Listen to Longterm 2: Lifestyles Of The Broke & Almost Famous. Anyone who hears this will agree with this #10 selection

#9. DOOM.(MF Doom) One of my favorite rappers of all time yet I never hear his name being brought up in the greatest. Maybe its the off-flow, well, people need to get past that. The man with the mask will shit on every rapper lyrically.

#8. Elzhi. Detroits very own is also a slept on MC. I fell in love with Elzhi's wordplay my senior year of high school. I could not stop listening to The Preface. Great, Classic album.

#7. Fashawn. After meeting this man I realized he may be the most determined and hungry artist in the game. He is down for his fans and loves to have a convo about music any day of the week. Boy Meets World... Another classic album.

#6. Freddie Gibbs. Gangsta Gibbs HOE. The Gary Indiana rapper is one of the hardest yet most lyrical artists ive heard in a long long time. I was very suspect to his music at first. Then realized Gibbs is a definite headphone listen rapper, just to obtain all the lyrics. But definitely BANGS in the whip.

#5. Vinnie Paz. From his work with JMT to his solo album, Paz is hands down the best underground artist. Selling out overseas to have mosh crowds in the states, JMT is a movement. I am highly anticipating the new JMT release this year Violence Begets Violence.

#4. Tech N9ne. As many great albums this man has had, he is just getting the mainstream recognition. It took Tha Carter IV to make people realize this man is a genius. Tech has been on his grind for years and has a die hard fan base maintains support throughout his career.

#3. Chip Tha Ripper. It took me a while to finally listen to The Cleveland Show, but when I did I realized this artist can spit. Chip has tracks for every situation of life. Hopefully we get an album soon to make people believe the hype and his skills.

#2. Big Boi. Through all the success the ATLien has had I feel he still doesn't get the credit he deserves. He gets out shined by an artist who puts out one verse every other year. Although I love Andre 3000, Big Boi has made classic albums, verses and features in his lifetime.

#1. Saigon. The yard father, Sai-Giddy, Or my favorite rapper right now. Sai has to be the most under rated rapper. The content in songs, phenomenal wordplay and story telling is all you need in an artist, and Sai delivers to the fullest. Lets just say "The Greatest Story Never Told" cannot be topped this year. It was well worth the wait, and the wait turned out to be classic material.

No comments:

Post a Comment