Friday, September 30, 2011

Bottoms Up

We all have our drink of choice, and are often afraid to dabble with anything else.  That's very understandable, stick with what you know.  But I'm going to let you in on several crowd favorites.  So go ahead and give some of these drinks a try if you're feeling a little risky or just want a change.  Be responsible and enjoy.
  • Brandy and Apple Juice - My preference is Paul Masson brandy and mostly any type of apple juice is good, as long as it has some sugar in it. When mixed just right, you don't taste the brandy, and not even the apple juice too much.
  • Rum and Apple Juice - My preference is Captain Morgan's rum, any type of apple juice as well. This mixes well together but you're going to taste the rum more so in this drink. It's bearable and tasty.
  • Rum and Coke - I know, this is a common drink, but if you don't drink dark, I'm sure you've never thought about trying it.  1 shot of Captain Morgan's and about 1/2 a can of Coke, you'll have a great drink on your hands. It's also a very good chaser. Chasing or mixing, the end result is the taste of Vanilla Coke, surprisingly enough. Don't believe me? Give it a try.
  • Coconut Ciroc and Pineapple Juice - I know, coconut does not sound tasty at all but with pineapple juice it's great! I'd assume any pineapple juice would do the job, but my go to is always Dole. The mix of it doesn't really matter because Ciroc is so smooth that you don't need to drown the taste out.
  • Red Berry Ciroc and Arizona Fruit Punch - It sounds very random, but it mixes quite well. The Arizona isn't that strong but it's just strong enough to drawn out any of the vodka taste you may get from the Ciroc.
  • Pinnacle Whipped and Vernors - Brought to me by our own A-Day, this is an amazing drink. Now don't let the name of Pinnacle fool you, Pinnacle Whipped (made to taste like whipped cream) is on a completely different level. Mixed with Vernors it tastes like a vanilla ice cream float. Although I saved the best for last, this should be at the top of your list of new drinks to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment