Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Best Of October

Im going to make this a regular thing. The BEST OF for each month. Albums, Movies, Mixtapes, Games, etc.

So with October 2011, here it goes.

Best Album:

Statik Selektah: Population Control


Great album. Could be a top candidate of the year with features like Talib Kweli, Bun B, Freddie Gibbs, Big K.R.I.T., Mac Miller, Brother Ali, Sean Price, Termanology, L.E.P. Bogus Boys, Action Bronson, Pusha T, Reks, And the list goes on. Definitely worth a listen. All 3 of Statik's albums have been excellent.

Best Movie

Paranormal Acitivity 3


Although I have not seen this movie... There wasn't shit that came out in October.














Best Video Game

Batman Arkham City



I have spent hours upon hours upon hours upon hours upon hours upon hours... Playing this game. One of the best I have ever played in my opinion, and an excellent follow up to the previous Arkham Asylum. With all the villains to take down in this game, any Batman fan will consider it a masterpiece.

Best Mixtape

Freddie Gibbs: Cold Day In Hell


Str8 Killa No Filla was a great mixtape so I expecting the same fire with this project. I was a little disappointed after listening but now I can see the direction Freddie has been going in. Hes toned the beat down a little. The flow is still there and the punchlines, but all of the tracks kind of run together. A big improvement however is the production, nice clean crisp sounds from this project. The new CTE member needs to deliver a great album to live up to expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment