Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Biggest Scam Ever? (Pt. 2)

Now I'm not saying that doctors, lawyers, etc. shouldn't have to go to school...of course they do. But, if someone has a natural talent for computer design, going to school can always better them, but does that take away from the genius that was naturally in them? It's very unfortunate that a person can have a set of skills (that they've either taught themselves or was naturally smart enough to pick up on) but cannot start a career because they don't have a diploma, a simple piece of paper saying they are now qualified to do what they could've been doing since the age of 3. The simplest way I can put it to you is an artist, any artist. Some of these rappers, singers, poets have never been taught all of their skill. The ones who could naturally sing beautifully; grabbed a pair of drumsticks and produced a dope sound; picked up a paintbrush and painted an amazing picture. Aspects of a true artist can't be taught, so forcing someone to think school is the ONLY way to their dream is not fair to those people.

After being told for however many years that we "have" to go to school basically to be anyone of importance, we go away to school to have all of our money taken away from us. Tuition; books; meals; gas; the list goes on; we are just hit with tons of fees once we actually go to college. So what I'm basically hearing is: You have to go to school to get a good career, but I'm going to charge you all this money, sort of making it impossible for some to even attend. So you either are assed out and can't go to college = no career or you take out loans to go to college = a good career + loans that you'll be paying back for years after college. If you take out student loans, you generally have to pay these loans back within the first six months of you being out of school. So for those, like me, that's ever thought - I'll take the semester off, work and save money, to better focus on school the next semester I go back - WRONG. When you don't go to school, you'll have to start paying your student loans back. So it's really, you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. Sink into a bigger whole of debt because of school, or continually stay broke because you have all these loans to pay back. Now, I don't know how anyone else sees it, but the way I see things: if you are telling me I have to do something, I try to do it, and you tell me I have to do it in this certain way with certain terms and stipulations that don't necessarily benefit me, that's a scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment