Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Day I'll Never Forget

Thursday December 1, 2011 Aka. The Day I'll Never Forget. Riding in the car with good friends Michael Scott and Sterling Savariau. Where were we going? We were headed to Chicago for the Watch The Throne Tour with Kanye West & Jay-Z. The 4-5 hour drive there was very easy. Having conversations and rap debates passed the time easily. The hardest part about the trip was getting off the freeway in Chicago... WHAT A MIND FUCK. Besides that, we picked up a friend and headed to the United Center for the concert. Our seats were up high, but who can complain with free tickets to the biggest rap heavyweights in the game. Around 9:30 the lights dimmed down and the crowd went nanners.
The concert opened with H.A.M., a lead single and bonus track off the "Watch The Throne" album.

I finally appreciate this song. I am not going to go over every track they performed... But I should.
My top 3 tracks from each artist would have to be in this order.
HOVA: #3. Big Pimpin'
#2. H To The Izzo
and my #1.

Hell of a performance by that man. H To The Izzo will forever be my favorite HOVA track, but something about this track made it very special. I don't know if it was the elevated platform, the lights, the rapper made out of lasers, or just the quality. Whatever it was he won me over.

Being in Kanye's hometown best believe he tore it down. I have never heard a crowd go so loud for their hometown hero. Although I have also never seen Eminem perform at Comerica Park.
With that being said, here are my top 3 Yeezy songs.
#3. Can't Tell Me Nothing
#2. Diamonds From Sierra Leone... WITH JAY AS A GUEST!!!!
But my #1 was.

After performing this I had chills for the remainder of the show.

Kanye gave a speech and a tribute to his mother, and after performing "Niggas In Paris" 2 times, the show was over.


................

BUT NO ONE LEAVES WITHOUT AN ENCORE!!!!
I would have loved to see Jay come back and perform "Encore" But instead the United Center was turned into the biggest club that i've ever been to, as they performed "Niggas In Paris" another 6 times.


This is something you have to experience for yourself. The idea of this performed 8 times sounds terrible. But each time got more and more and more and more and more and more HYPE.

This show will go down as the best experience of my life. As i tweeted after @ADayDaName "Look... If jesus came back......... I would rather see that watch the throne concert.... In chicago again..best fukkin concert of my life"

And that is the truth. I have been to many great concerts such as... Wale before he was huge, performing with live instruments. KiD CuDi before his first album with a suprise laser show. The Clipse at the Shelter. Meeting Fashawn after performing at the Shelter... And the list goes on. But any word to describe this concert has no effect on how powerful and spectacular it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment