Friday, December 16, 2011

Jared Evan

Chase Alexander put me on Jared Evan, singer/rapper from New York, years ago with his first mixtape "Radio In My Head". Since then he's come out with two more, entitled "Back and Forth" and "unCOVERED". I'm sure most of our viewers haven't heard of him yet, but he's been stirring up a lot of noise since 2008; including opening for Lupe Fiasco, touring with OneRepublic, performing at SXSW music festival, and having his debut single In Love With You featured on HBO's hit show Entourage just a year ago.
A song off of his second mixtape, "Back and Forth", that I immediately liked is Weight of The World, featuring Stat Quo and Roscoe Dash. It has a cool beat, is pretty catchy, and actually quite motivational. But if anyone's like me, I turned you off just by mentioning Roscoe Dash. Although he's still doing that ratchet shouting, I can admit that it's still a pretty decent verse. Enjoy.



If you liked what you've heard, check out his mixtapes at jaredevan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment