Monday, December 12, 2011

Flint's Finest

Growing up I was real accustomed to the heavy, underground, rough sound of The Dayton Family. Coming out of Flint Michigan. Like most cities today Flint is very impoverished. However there is a rose that grew from the concrete. Jon Connor. In 2009 I attended the African American Festival at Heart Plaza in Detroit. After the festival a street team was handing out CD's. This CD was Jon Connor's "The Calling Pt. 2: The Second Coming." Like most free hand out CD's I usually toss them out. There was something about this CD that made my friends and I pop it in the player. We were blown away by this mans talent. Still to this day one of my favorite tracks is "It's Gonna Come." Just a beautiful track that most people can relate to. After releasing his album "The Salvation," Connor has been getting a lot of buzz. Today on 12/12/2011 he released his new project "Season 2." Hit the link down bottom to enjoy a very talented rapper.



Season 2 (Mixtape)

No comments:

Post a Comment