Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Late Graduation College Heartbreak


Alright, so we were sittin around discussing our favorite Kanye albums and decided to put them in order. My list:

1. The College Dropout
This is the album that made me fall in love with music. It'll always have a special place in my heart. All Falls Down, Spaceship, Workout Plan, Slow jamz, etc. Not one bad track the whole album. It's fucking great.

2. 808s & Heartbreak
I know what you're thinking, 808s second? Yes. 808s second. The album is beautiful. The emotion the man got across on this album is phenomenal. It inspired you to be sad! Anybody who's ever been in a bad relationship (almost everybody) can relate. Paranoid, dealing with a crazy girl. RoboCop, dealing with a controlling chick. The album is just full of emotion. Def speaks to the heart.

3. Late Registration
After the classic album that was The College Dropout, I really didn't know if Ye could deliver again. I was fucking wrong. The man dropped another great project. Gold Digger (BANGER), Touch The Sky (introduced me to Lupe), Drive Slow (Paul Wall killed it). Track after track of good music.

4. Graduation
Graduation had songs that made you feel like a fucking champion! Shit like Good Life, Champion, Barry Bonds, all made you feel like you was the (wo)man. Then had deeper shit like Good Morning, Flashing Lights. Great disc all around.

5.My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Great Album. Only reason it's last is because it hasn't had time to grow on me like the others have. It's only like 4 months old right now. Plus half the cd was released(Good Fridays) before it came out, so I was used to most tracks by the time the final album was in my hands.

Alright, some people are looking at this and calling me crazy. But remember, Kanye has ONLY put out classic albums. So putting one album #2 and another #4 doesn't mean they're bad albums, just means that's how they impacted me as a fan. All of his albums are still shitting on over half of the bullshit out right now.

2 comments:

  1. College Dropout By Farrr #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late Registration, College Dropout, Graduation, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, 808's. All Great and Classic albums though

    ReplyDelete