Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Youth Is Wasted On The Young

A friend on Facebook posted a status of..let's say...."advice" that someone gave her. It said: "Your "partying", lack of hard work, and disrespect towards those that matter only lead you to an adulthood of an unhealthy body, a miserable job, and loneliness." WHAT THE HELL!?? I laughed at how dumb that sounded to me. It went on to say: "...You should worry about "you only live once" so you can live a life of healthiness and happiness with an enjoyable and fulfilling job, and surrounded by people who love you." Now for anyone who knows me, you know that I disagree with almost that whole piece of bullshit "advice". I went off [in a polite way] about how for the most part that is wrong. I said I agree with part of it--I think as the young we should be working hard to ensure a better future for ourselves. BUT, in the same breath, you can NOT constantly work just to have a good future! You HAVE to have fun, otherwise you will end up miserable from only working, unhealthy looking due to extra, unneeded stress and possibly lonely from all the work you make yourself do. Just how the things you do now (drinking, partying, smoking) can affect your future, the things you DON'T do now can affect your future. I personally know adults that say they wish they could have gone the places I've gone when they were my age. Or how they "just don't have the time" to have all the fun they wish they could now that they're older. Case in point: The older you get, the more responsibility you get, and the less time you have to have fun. (And also for those of you who know me, I don't necessarily think that fun includes being under the influence or doing something dumb.) So stop stressing out, constantly working so damn hard and treat yourself every week; because YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. There's no better reward in life than to do something nice for yourself because you earn it. Be it going to a movie, hanging out with friends or partyin' it up! I know I work hard--I have a job I work at 5 days of the week, full-time student and I take care of lots of shit at home haha. But life is all about BALANCE. My balance? I work hard during the day, then party harder at night..BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment