Friday, March 11, 2011

Road Trips!


You've seen it in many movies: a few friends throw a couple suitcases in the trunk, grab some snacks and hit the open road. Good music to play, stories to share and famous landmarks to see. Actually sounds kind of corny, don't it? Minus the cheesy facade of making a cross-country trip to see the one you love at college or a risky trip to get that last little bit of the single life out of you, road trips can actually be very fun and quite a breath of fresh air.
You should go on one with your good friends who you don't mind being in a car with for longer periods of time. Let me tell you, that is one thing that can be easily overlooked because they are fun to see or go out with. But really think about what you're getting yourself into before you commit to a crew. I made the mistake of going on a road trip with a friend I only hang out with on occasion...long story short, someone almost died.............

Your next step is to have a reliable car. Not everyone has had the unfortunate experience of a car breaking down on them in an unpleasant situation. And even if you are with friends, the fact that you are stranded in another state or random city will not be the greatest experience of a road trip. To bluntly put it, it'll be pretty fucked up...
So next up is a destination! I hate when people tell me they're going somewhere and how excited they are. I ask them where they're going, and they tell me the dullest place on the planet -_- I mean, to each his own..But, Really? If you're going to go somewhere, go somewhere worth talking about, worth taking a drive too, somewhere you can take pictures of. Which is another thing to do, take pictures! You've gone on the road trip, best thing right after the road trip are the memories. So don't forget to document the good times.
I myself have been on a few road trips already. Just to name a couple, Chicago and Myrtle Beach. I believe Chicago speaks for itself, although I went when it was cold, so I would say I didn't get the "full experience". And Myrtle Beach....man, that is such a peaceful place. Nicest people ever, great food joints and so much to do. I didn't drink when I went there, so I can tell you based off first-hand experience that there is good, wholesome fun there. And of course if you do drink, there is a lot of fun to be had. A must-go place is club Kryptonite. I'm not too huge of a fan of clubs but that place was bangin, to say the least. Everyone there was just down for a good time, and the beauty of the place only added to a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment