Monday, April 4, 2011

"They Call Me Rittz, Bitch!"


All I can say is, RITTZ. To simply put it, Rittz is a dope rapper. Southern rapper reppin' GA, claimin' Slumerican. He has the rhymes, flow, lyrics, beats...what more is there to ask for? Oh I know, bass, if you're into bangin' music in your ride...well, he definitely has that too. I first heard of him through a feature on Yelawolf's mixtape, Trunk Music. The song Box Chevy, which is a very good song and mixtape to check out, by the way. Rittz came in hard on his verse for Box Chevy. He flowed with the beat well and most importantly, had a verse that greatly added to the point of Yela's song. Ever since then I've been a fan. Recently I discovered he has a mixtape out by the name of White Jesus....funny, I know...but once you see him, it'll all make sense [And don't freak out, he actually says, "Don't trip cuz this ain't blasphemy...it's just a nickname"]. Now let's be honest for a minute: When you think rapper, you generally think "Black dude". When I first heard Rittz, I thought, Black dude. There are few White rappers that have a huge amount of respect for how much talent they have. And because of the fact that rappers in general are Black, it was very surprising when I found out that he is a White guy, so much respect goes to him in my book. White Jesus is filled with 12 great tracks going from how much bang is in his trunk; partying with friends and, for lack of a better word, sluts; relationships; going through rough times in life; even about being able to tell the truth, or lack there of; & much more. There's a lot of substance throughout these 12 songs. He also features greats like Big K.R.I.T. and Yelawolf. If any of the above interests you, this is a great tape to download and just ride out to. Go ahead and click on the link below to give it a listen, I'm sure you'll enjoy.

White Jesus - Rittz

No comments:

Post a Comment